TRALA Elects Steve Lawrence of Lawrence NationaLease as 2013-2014 Chairman
Alexandria, VA - March 21, 2013 - Lawrence NationaLease CEO, Steve Lawrence of Red Wing, Minnesota, was unanimously elected by the Board of Directors of the Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) as its 2013-2014 Chairman at the association's 2013 Annual Meeting held March 11-14 in Naples, Florida. This year's meeting was a celebration of the Association's 35th anniversary.
“I helped found TRALA 35 years ago and I am proud to have the opportunity to again serve as Chairman of this organization as it successfully advocates for the greater industry,” said Lawrence during his acceptance speech on March 14.
“Steve has been a cornerstone of this organization. He was one of TRALA's founding members and has stayed involved with the continuous growth and development of this association,” said TRALA president and CEO Tom James.
In addition to Brown, the TRALA Board of Directors elected the following members as officers:
- Dan Murphy, president and chief executive officer of Idealease, Inc., North Barrington, Illinois, was elected vice chairman.
- Scott Anderson, senior vice president of Rush Enterprises, New Braunfels, Texas, was elected secretary.
- Kevin Coughlin, manager of leasing products for Daimler Trucks North America, Portland, Oregon, was elected treasurer.
- Tom Brown, president of Brown NationaLease, Des Moines, Iowa, was elected immediate past chairman.
Also at the annual meeting, the following members were elected by the TRALA membership to the association's Board of Directors for a new 2013-2016 term:
- Scott Anderson, senior vice president of Rush Enterprises, New Braunfels, Texas,
- Dennis Cooke, president, Global Fleet Management Solutions of Ryder System, Inc., Miami, Florida
- John Crockett, senior vice president of operations of Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., Duluth, Georgia
- Bob Muhs, vice president of gov't affairs & counsel of Avis Budget Group, Parsippany, New Jersey
- Tom Brown, president of Brown NationaLease, Des Moines, Iowa; and
- Brian Hard, president of Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., Reading, Pennsylvania.
In addition, the following members were appointed to the Board of Directors to serve one-year terms for 2013-2014:
- Terry Dubowick, national account manager of the Mack Leasing System/Volvo Truck Leasing System, Rural Hall, North Carolina,
- Dan Murphy, president & CEO, Idealease, Inc., North Barrington, Illinois,
- Neil Vonnahme, president of PACCAR Leasing Company, Bellevue, Washington,
- Mike Breeden, executive director of Cummins Inc., Columbus, Indiana,
- Greg DiMarco, senior director, Business Development for Dana Holding Corporation, Van Buren Township, Michigan,
- Jack McQuaid, manager, strategic accounts for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions, Sarasota, Florida; and
- Rob Henry, vice president, leasing sales, Navistar, Inc. of Lisle, Illinois.
TRALA, based in Alexandria, VA, is a voluntary, non-profit national trade association, organized in 1978 to provide a unified and focused voice for the truck renting and leasing industry. TRALA's membership includes more than 500 leasing and rental firms and 100 suppliers that make up nearly the entire truck renting and leasing industry. The renting and leasing industry is responsible for approximately 40 percent of all new Class 3 through 8 commercial truck registrations.