Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Issues an Expanded Emergency Declaration
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has issued an expanded Emergency Declaration dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic.
As of today, they have issued Motor Carriers an exemption from Parts 390 through 399 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), except as otherwise restricted by this Emergency Declaration. Under the declaration the following items are exempted under the emergency declaration:
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants.
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.
- Immediate precursor raw materials—such as paper, plastic or alcohol—that are required and to be used for the manufacture of essential items.
- Equipment, supplies and persons necessary to establish and manage temporary housing, quarantine.
- Persons designated by federal, state or local authorities for medical, isolation, or quarantine purposes.
- Persons necessary to provide other medical or emergency services.
You may view the complete emergency declaration from the FMCSA by going to: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/emergency/expanded-emergency-declaration-under-49-cfr-ss-39023-no-2020-002
If you have any questions about this emergency declaration please contact Andrew Stasiowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.