Presentation Available for Today's Webinar on Elimination of Registrant-only USDOT Numbers
- By: Shannon Davison
- On: 01/08/2013 13:12:39
- In: Legislative Bulletins
TODAY at 2:00 pm EDT, TRALA will host a webinar in which senior Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) officials will present to TRALA membership their plans for elimination of the registrant-only USDOT number. FMCSA has released the documents that will be used in today's presentation. Click here to download. The Agency has previously said that the registrant-only designation would be eliminated because the numbers were "being used differently from what the Agency intended and thus the practice of issuing registrant-only numbers to entities that are not motor carriers is having an adverse affect on the Agency's ability to track motor carriers' safety violations."
TRALA and FMCSA have met several times over the past year to discuss TRALA's concerns associated with the elimination. TRALA is pleased to learn that concerns regarding new-entrant safety audits, the future education of law enforcement personnel regarding CMV marking regulations, and the best ways to identify rental truck operators are among the things that will be addressed as part of the registrant-only elimination.
Participate on this webinar to hear directly from senior FMCSA officials about the registrant-only elimination. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions, but if you already have questions you plan to ask, please submit them in advance via email to TRALA's Joe Sculley at email@example.com at any time. Please also let Joe know if you plan to be on this webinar.
- Call 1-866-961-8491 about 5-10 minutes prior to the actual start time.
- Enter your PIN 111222
- Once connected to the conference, you will hear music on hold until the conference is started, or be connected directly to the conference if it has already begun.
- During the conference, you will be in listen-only mode, until such time as you are enabled to ask questions.
- Go to http://web.beaconlive.com
- On the Join a Meeting side of the login page, enter Meeting Room trala1
- Leave PIN Code field blank and enter your first name, last name and company name.
- Click Join Meeting.